Friday 15 April 2011

Coast to Coast ride 2010 - "Fun times in the Lakes"


Tuesday 9th November

Had a car hired today and drove to Winlatter forest and rode the red single track there. The route took me high into the hills and I ended up cycling through fresh snow at the top. This was looking a bit ominous for things to come on the coast to coast.
After the cycle I potted around the lovely town of Keswick and drove up to check out the view from Skiddaw which looked over Keswick and Derwent water (lake). It was pretty windy at the lookout and the weather changed quickly as the cloud rolled in and the rain began to bite as I ran back to the car. Not before I’d had a chance to marvel at the views of the sun shooting dramatically through the clouds. The lake district was living up to its reputation for me for being one of the most stunning parts of Britan.
Steve from Scarbourgh joined me later that night in preparation for the start of the 5 day coast to coast tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment